The Makeshift Broadcast #2:
THE BIG FREEZE!
Makeshift Broadcast is making another podcast and we need you to send us your work to make it possible. The theme of The Makeshift Broadcast #2 will be The Big Freeze and we would like your plays, short stories, comedy routines, poetry, songs and everything in between on that very subject to include in both our live and recorded shows. You can respond to this title in any way you like.
We are particularly keen to always include a play or radio drama as we are a theatre company and what we like to term an ‘audiobiography’ or factual field recording to give texture to the finished piece.
What we’re offering:
– A public performance of your writing by professional actors and directors/a public platform for you if you are a musician or comedian
– Both a live audience and an online broadcast (December 2014 and January 2015 respectively)
– A download of the final edit of your work for you to use in showreels etc (please note: You must credit Makeshift Broadcast for the recording)
– Digital copies of photographs from the event for you to use to promote your work provided (on the basis that you credit Makeshift Broadcast).
– Your work for no more than 30 minutes of performance for plays / 15 minutes for other forms. We will give preference to pieces with a small number of actors required for its performance for reasons of technical ease. We are keen to hear from artists anywhere in the world as well as those closer to home.
– A brief outline of the context of your piece if it is normally longer than what you are submitting
– A brief history of your work to date and some information about yourself (this is useful for us to get a sense of your work but also in writing links)
Please keep in mind that:
– This work will be performed in front of both a live audience and go out as a podcast to listeners. We are particularly interested in including work from artists who have considered the audio audience and how their work will translate without visuals.
– The work does not have to be new or previously unperformed
– There is currently no funding in place for this project, though applications are underway and if successful, terms will be agreed with artists involved.
Please send your submission to email@example.com by 16th November 2014 at midnight. The live event will take place on 10th December.
Technical support for The Makeshift Broadcast is made possible by Arts Trust Scotland.